Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Tongue and lip piercings, nose rings and dentures must be removed before surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or heavy/dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, take them as you were instructed during your consultation appointment. If you have any questions regarding your medications, please call our office prior to your surgical date for further instructions.